To impart training with the best of teaching expertise supported by excellent laboratory infrastructure and exposure to recent trends in the industry, to ensure that the students are moulded into competent electrical engineers and worthy citizens of the country.
- To produce competent Engineers and Professionals to meet the needs of industries in the context of Global Scenario.
- To develop competent Electrical Engineers of high quality both in software and hardware who are capable of facing various challenges posed by other developed countries.
- To offer updated curriculum, allowing our graduates to exploit emerging opportunities efficiently
- To orient the students to involve themselves in various research and developmental activities.
- To provide opportunities to simulate the real world in a lab environment using latest software tools.
The Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering was started in the year 1998. It offers one Under-Graduate programme - B.E- Electrical and Electronics Engineering, one Post-Graduate programme - M.E. Power Electronics and Drives. Graduates and postgraduates of Electrical and Electronics Engineering are capable of handling challenging jobs in a wide range of industries and engage themselves in research and development. The department has Power electronics, Electric Machines, Control & Instrumentation, and Research Laboratories in addition to Electrical Workshop. Each laboratory is equipped with instruments and equipments for teaching, learning and research.
The members of the faculty are encouraged to acquire higher qualifications at the Post-graduate level and Doctorate level. They are deputed to participate in seminars, symposia, workshops etc., to keep abreast of the vast changes and developments in Science and Technology.Special guest lectures by senior members of the faculty, from well known institutions of higher learning, experts and professionals from established corporate and industrial houses complement and supplement the instruction and training and enrich the knowledge of students in the subjects concerned.